Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Bakersfield/Shafter, CA
Reports To: Controller
Salary Range: $21.50 up to $26.50 per hour
Staff Accounting position reporting to the Controller. Responsible for Business System maintenance, general ledger maintenance, assist with statement preparation, financial analysis, transaction review, annual financial review, cash management, and special projects.
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Preparation of state and local government filings.
- Maintains expense report coding & processing.
- Maintains rolling stock, and fixed asset accounting.
- Supports the tracking of mileage, insurance coverage & insurance claims.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, and preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duties
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accounting degree, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, GAAP Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, General Math Skills.