Job Title: Accounts Payable
Location: Bakersfield/Shafter, CA
HR Contact: Elaine Wakelin
Will Train Applicant(s): Software Application/Process
Position Type: Full Time
Job Description: Accounts Payable Staff position reporting to the Controller. Responsible for coding and processing invoices for payment, vendor maintenance, invoice file maintenance, communication with management and vendors, and reporting projects as necessary.
Provides accurate and timely processing of invoices for payment. Accurate general ledger coding and file maintenance is critical for success.
· Sort and distribute incoming mail
· Match invoices to purchase orders
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
· Verify invoice coding to the general ledger
· Process check requests
· Audit and process credit card invoices
· Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
· Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
· 1099 Maintenance and preparation
· Respond to vendor and management inquiries
· Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls
· Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
· Assist with projects as needed
· Maintains confidentiality and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
· Accomplishes the result by performing the duties
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· General office and accounting skills supported by education and experience. Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Time Management, General Math Skills, Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Keyboard skills.