Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Department: Service Department
Reports To: Service Supervisor
- Performs basic in-field diagnostics to determine the repairs needed.
- Repairs failures on customer’s equipment and/or determines if unit will need to come into the shop for further repairs.
- Provides professional customer service and carefully explains the status of the repairs/diagnosis to the customer. Maintains positive attitude in front of the customer and is a good representative of the company.
- Provides necessary equipment information and detailed documentation of all work performed, in particular diagnostic functions. Submits DTAC cases in situations where additional troubleshooting is necessary.
- Communicates to Service Manager any product issues and customer concerns. Also provides recommendations relative to additional service opportunities.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and other vendor lines carried by the dealership.
Other Job Functions:
- Maintains condition of service vehicles, tools, and parts inventory.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by Management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician in an agricultural setting, field experience preferred.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. Certifications preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as workflow dictates.
- Knowledge of diagnostic software and parts lookup systems preferred.
- Achievement of Advanced or Master training status on JDU is preferred.
- Clean driving record is required.
- Owns adequate tools.
Do you think you'd be a good fit for this position? Fill out the job application form below!